Saturday 3 December 2016

The Capital of Culture and Poetry




Iran has many great cities but one that you wouldn’t want to miss at all, is Shiraz. Yes I am originally from this city and Shiraz is my home town but I didn’t grow up here so I got to explore it like a stranger.
In some movies there's this little girl happy in her place and school with her friends, playing around and not knowing how life is gonna mess her up. That was me before we moved to Shiraz, not all like that but I didn't wanna go! I was 7 when my parents finished their studies in Europa, - in details, Great Britain, England, Yorkshire, Leeds- and we headed back to Iran -lived in Ahvaz, Khozestan Province-, So I had my experience with leaving all the things, places and friends I liked behind and go somewhere new and I DID NOT WANT THAT TO BE REPEATED! but what choice does a teenager have??
So at first I didn't like this place, but as time passed and that grey cloud disappeared I listened to this old quote which I'm not sure who've said it : "If You want to know a city go by foot". and so I did. who'tarted walking. I stared to see and wonder and know, touch and feel, learn the accent, eat the food. and what you read in the following is my point of view from the city I was born in but not raised by.

Shiraz is famously known for its hospitality.People would ask to be your host, invite you over for a meal. If you’re lost they will go with you to make sure you've found your address, Say hello to you whenever you pass by and Smile, especially if you’re not local. They adore guests. So feel free to tell them I’m new to the City and watch how they do the rest.

There’s a museum, called Zinat-ol Molk where we could travel back in time within it. Wax Statues of Fars’s famous men and women, anyone who has done anything for the glory of Fras. You see, as far as I know –and I’ve studies history by the way- Archeologists have found small villages that go back to 5000 years ago in Fars province. Fars was also the main land that two great empires during the ancient times, started their kingdom from. One we have heard mostly about is the Achaemenian Empire (550-330 BC.), and the other is The Sassanid Dynasty (224-651 AC.). During the Middle Ages Shiraz was the capital of all Iran in some specific times, there for many artists, poets, scientists, architectures, literatures and etc. came to the Capital and became immortal in history. If you look up world’s greatest poets you will find that 5 of them are Persian, and 2 of these 5, are originally from Shiraz. Saadi the god of romantic poetry who was so famous in his time that even boatmen in China would sing his poets, and Hafez who's poems can’t be carved out of Irania n's life and still be called Iranian. On so many gathering occasions they start reading his poems for one another and talk about them maybe for hours. He has made the language so rich that one might say a few word but what they mean would be much more than just that. This part of the culture cannot be translated. You have to feel the spirit. Just take a look at the pictures of our Now-Rooz festival –the first day of Spring, where our new year starts- and see how many people leave their houses just to spend that moment with Hafez.

When you’re facing the harshness of work and being hurt by the sharp edges of life and future’s anxiety, what could save you better than a nice shady tree, a cool breeze, refreshing air of a garden, herbal sweet drinks and a book with a friend? This is what I’ve found out about Shiraz’s Spirit. People are so easy going about every thing, as much as they work to get a life they go outdoors too, pick nicks in parks and even short trips, rest, refresh and relax. No surprise this city has invented the world’s most famous red wine – which still goes by the name if Shiraz- Not only the land was bestowing great grapes but also the people added their romantic-poetical soul to it for the tipsiness and mystery.
This City's narration and spirit does meat the Title it has been given. So Why not The Capital Of Culture And Poerty?




No comments:

Post a Comment